Go to top of page

If you are concerned about an adult’s well-being and you think they might need a guardian, you can apply to the Northern Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal for a guardianship order. They decide if someone needs to have a guardian, and make a guardianship order. A guardianship order is a legal document that says what decisions a guardian can make for the Represented Adult.

If you would like to talk to someone about guardianship please call 1800 810979 or for more information about guardianship please view our fact sheets.